2018 December 22
There are many ways to measure this, but one thing is certain: Python today is one of the most popular languages, and has one of the highest growth rates of use.
This could be due to several factors:
- the beauty, power and simplicity of the language itself
- as people see computers and coding as more important, the fact that Python is relatively easy to learn
- the rise of machine learning and data science, which has seen Python as a tremendous asset for expressing complex ideas, and glueing functionality of high-speed code from other languages together
- the rise of amazing tools like Python Notebooks (Jupyter)
- great continuing support for so many things: databases, machine learning, graphics, video, games, content management...
- support of the language from the biggest and brightest in the business, like Google, Spotify, Netflix and Dropbox